11/11/2009

For Shame!

I heard something at work today which reminded me why I hate my job.  This guy who does next to nothing and gets paid way too much, you know the type.  Every company has one.  Anyway, this guy is the worst I've ever seen.  He's late to his own meetings, dodges customers, and pawns what little work he has onto other people.  Overall he's dead-weight, and everyone at work knows it.  Today, he said something that is sure to piss off any hard working colleague:  "What're ya doin'?  All you gotta do is just lean back and put your feet up." 


I'm sure if my co-workers read this, they'll know who this post is about immediately.  It's hard to stay motivated when some douchebag asshole is walking around singing all day, making more money than everyone else.  Apparently one of the girls downstairs is his own personal secretary.  I was walking by the front desk and I heard him say, "Just give my calls to (that girl) and she'll tell them I'm in a meeting."


How can I work for a man who employs a useless drain on our payroll budget?  I've managed to deal with it internally for years, but at some point, I'm not going to be able to take it anymore.

2 comments:

  1. hahaaha that was me! linds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE: I've terminated employment with this company, since they couldn't afford to pay me what I'm worth. I moved on to another troubled company, and after 2 years of tolerating a hostile manager and a VP that can't keep his own scheduled evaluation obligations, I've moved on again. Now I have a boss that cares about people just as much (if not more) than profits. Hopefully, I'll actually have a career now instead of a dead end job.

    ReplyDelete